It was long time ago that beloved hubby mentioned about this one big greenhouse where you can see the plants that grow in humid and warm climate. So finally, last 2 weeks, off we went. The Eden Project truly is the living theatre of plants, people and places!
The place once a deserted quarry,has been transformed brilliantly into this one gigantic place where people can just enjoy nature as it is. Eden Project (EP) offers 2 biomes for us to treasure, The Humid Tropics (Tropical Islands, Malaysia, West Africa and South America) and Warm Temperate (The Mediterranian, South Africa and California) .
Details! They really put so much effort in recreating nature. First stop, Humid Biome. The weather is cold outside, so we had jackets on. After a few seconds inside the biome, we can't take it anymore..it's too hot to wear such clothing. So, off the jacket, and off we go feeling at home. Hubby and I were immediately transported back to our homecountry Malaysia, the minute we stepped into the designated area. It's brilliant! The setup for typical traditional farm house or rumah kebun is so real, I felt like as if I was at one of my uncle's hut where we used to gather and savour in delight of durian, the king of all fruits. EP really go into details as you can spot a Honda C70 in front of the house, but I'm not sure of the bicycle though..the make is quite recent, but a big hand to such efforts.
Next stop, Warm temperate offers a different type of greens. Immediately Mediterranean's mood was on as we walked along the route. A colourful display of Tulips really was an eyecatcher, called the Bulb Mania, you are spoilt with different types of tulips. I am no flower enthusiast but I was so excited so I photographed each of the tulips. I don't know what to do with it but hey, not everyday I get to see such beauties!
No comments:
Post a Comment